The Classics of International Law was published by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace from 1911 to 1950 under the editorship of James Brown Scott (1866-1943), who was a prominent figure in the field of international law during the first half of the 20th century. He devoted his energy to the publication of the Classics of International Law because he firmly believed that this grand project must be useful for the development of the study of international law, especially in the United States. Andrew Carnegie, the Steel King, supported this idea, so the Carnegie Institution agreed to financially support the project from the beginning. The project consists of 22 volumes of 40 books and covers many distinguished publicists from Giovanni da Legnano of the 14th century to Henry Wheaton of the 19th century. Each volume contains the original text, mainly in Latin, and the translation into English. Furthermore, many eminent scholars participated in this project, e.g. T. E. Holland, J. Westlake, J. L. Brierly, Albert de Lapradelle, making this series of publications the fruit of collaboration by the best and brightest scholars of the day. The Classics of International Law still has great influence on the academic world; yet, there is no comprehensive article about it in the field of international law or legal history. This article overviews the Classics of International Law as a catalogue to provide basic data for studying the history of international law.